Feed Factors Ltd principles of sustainability
Our business model is based on promoting organic farming throughout the world and therefore reducing the usage of chemicals in agricultural production.
Our organic products cannot have:
- Genetically Modified Sequencing
- No Pesticides
- No Herbicides
- No Fertiliser
Our consumer clients abide by organic principles of animal welfare, where space and quality of life is of paramount importance. These principles allow our clients and partners to grow sustainably.
We promote low impact farming, whilst supporting both economically and socially the small farm networks throughout the world. Organic certification synchronises with our fair trade principles of paying a responsible and sustainable price level to farmers in order to benefit their families and the local economy.
Our Guiding Principles
We continue to be guided by our sustainability principles:
- Improve the livelihoods of farmers and communities through initiatives that maximize productivity, benefits and returns;
- Ensure that profitable growth is achieved with all our partners through collaboration;
- Understand and promote an ecological balance;
- Provide a safe, healthy and productive workplace for our people;
- Participate in professional associations to further develop our key goals.
Our policies and standards.
We are guided by:
- Organic Food Federation (OFF) http://www.orgfoodfed.com
- Grain and Feed Trade Association (GAFTA) https://www.gafta.com
- The GAFTA trade assurance scheme (GTAS)
- Human Rights and Modern Slavery Policy http://feedfactors.com/human-rights-modern-slavery-2018.php
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Good Trade Practice (GTP)
Our certificates and accreditations.
- Organic Food Federation (OFF)
- GAFTA trade assurance scheme (GTAS)
- European Code of Good Trade Practice (GTP) which includes HACCP
- International Fishmeal and Fish Oil Organisation (IFFO)